Our paediatric first aid one day course in the South East is often chosen by churches or event organisers for those looking after children during services and holidays or other events.
It is based on the Emergency First Aid at Work course but orientated toward the Paediatric casualty and incorporates action in the event of illness and dealing with Anaphylaxis (allergic reactions).
6 hours ’contact time’ in a relaxed learning format and will cover some of the emergency knowledge which is on offer in our two day (12 hour) course. Please let us know if you require anything in particular to be covered from the following list:
- First Aid kit contents
- Treating an unconscious child
- Resuscitation procedures for infants, children and adults
- Choking rescue procedures for infants/children/adults)
- Asthma and Diabetic emergency procedure
- injuries to the head
- siezure/convulsions (’fitting’)
- how to treat bleeding
- how to treat burns
- Dealing with sprains, strained and fractured limbs
- Ingestion of poison, insect bites and stings
- Foreign objects embedded (i.e in the ear, and other orifices!)
- Recognising childhood diseases such as meningitis, croup, measles
- AED (Defibrillator) and the use of Auto Injectors (Epi Pen) is included
Paediatric first aid courses can be taught in your own hall or other suitable venue.